wedding and event florist

wedding and event florist

Monday, December 5, 2011

Cory and Yvette- My First Hosted Wedding!


My Nephew Cory, and his beautiful new wife Yvette tied the knot in a beautiful and intimate backyard wedding at my ranch in Arroyo Grande.  Not only their dream come true, but mine too!!!  They gave me a budget and a few of their wishes then let me do whatever I wanted!!!  Lots of vintage items, the color scheme was bubblegum pink and aqua/teal.  I loved how the centerpieces turned out as well!!  We did low wooden boxes filled with dolce vida garden roses, sweet avalanche roses, china mums, gerbera daisies, lotus pods and moss, they then had tall manzanita branches coming up with hanging crystals to add a little sparkle in the mix.  Burlap table runners, then fabric napkins of different pink, ivory, and gray patterns.
In the background there on the wall of my barn studio we hung vintage picture frames and wooden windows and spelled LOVE using different patterened craft paper.  Throughout the yard were paper lanterns on shepherd hooks and hanging from all the trees. 


Instead of a guestbook for such a small guest count, we used one of my manzanita wishing trees and we all wrote notes on patterned craft paper tags and tied them to the tree branches.  I used my vintage suitcases for stacking items and my old tool box to hold the paper and pens.  A great welcoming to the guests as they enter the garden!  And then the cake... My sister 'dabbles' in wedding cakes... by this I mean that she is so creative and talented and can do anything!  She told me this cake was ok, and I think it is amazing, not to mention it tasted great! Here she has 2 layers of chocolate with handmade chocolate fill and the middle layer is white with buttercream filling and fresh strawberries.  Little fondant birdies nestled amongst manzanita branches and a few fall leaves.  All on display atop a vintage rolling iron table against the side of the house. 



Her Flowers had a simple and fresh feel.  Dolce Vida Garden roses, Sarbonne Oriental lilies, Venice gerbera daisies, china mums and soft pink ranunuclus.  A simple round bouquet wrapped with pink ribbon.  Here it is on display at the head table in a vintage jar tied with the aqua ribbon.


Not only did I tackle full coordination of their event, I handled the food as well.  I love the cook, and I love to display what I make!  So below is the spread of home made bruchetta and fresh baguette, Italian pasta salad, and the fresh fruit was all on display in an old wooden drawer on top of a vintage coke box.  A pretty classic family style display. We also had hot apple cider and fresh squeezed lemonade.  Cocktails and appetizers was just enough for a sunny but chilly Sunday afternoon event!
A wonderful and completely in love couple was married, and that is the most important part.  I was so happy to be part of such an amazing, fun, and love-filled event.  The most amazing part- we did this whole event, hosted for 45 people,  for less that $1000.00!!! Granted I am a florist and already had many display items, but I want all of you to know that no matter your budget, with a little creativity and help from your friends and family you can have a perfect and beautiful wedding!  There is nothing you can't do, and I am a huge fan of thinking outside the box, which is exactly what I got to do for this event.
Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment